In just over 4 short months our twins will be 1! I cannot believe how fast the time has gone. Looking back it has been a whirlwind of diapers, bottles, blankets, clothes, and baths. Having twins was at one time I'm sure a dream of mine as a child, although I honestly can't really remember it. All the baby memories I have with my dolls and playing house is with one baby, I liked to have multiple kids but not all at once. So, when I got older it was only more of a thought of just 1 baby at a time. I never thought I would be blessed with twins because of no family history and such. When we first decided to try for a second baby we had no idea what God had planned for us. I got sick really early and just figured that we were having a girl and only joked that it was twins, because it wasn't possible right? not for us? So when we got the "twins" announcement at the first appointment it didn't really set in for a LONG time! I had no problem telling people, "yes we are having twins". But I just felt in a haze, like it was a dream I was living for someone else and I would eventually wake up : ) Even after the baby showers and picking out names it still hadn't set in, and I knew they were there we had ultrasounds proving it at every appointment. I still remember vividly when I was wheeled into the delivery room and starting to have strong contractions, the nurses across the room at the feet of my bed with the two incubators and a sign above one saying baby A and the other with baby B. They told me who they were and that they would be the nurse for a particular baby and at that moment it clicked, 2 babies! Then after they were born and I was holding A and Marlon was holding M (the first time we saw them together) it began to feel more and more real. Even now almost 8 months later and we still catch ourselves looking at them amazed that they are ours!
They are two amazing little girls (not just saying it because they are mine), but they really are. They are content to just roll around and play, watch each other, and laugh at their brother. They are only fussy when they are hungry and they sleep through the night, if they wake up they go right back to sleep. They have been on the same schedule since birth, which was the best advice I ever got.
C is a great big brother. He truly loves his sisters and we haven't had to really deal with any jealousy. We try to make a point of spending time with him separately, but having two babies at once has really been harder with that. He has done great with it all and we are so thankful.
Whether this is it or someday we have another we are truly blessed by the family that God has given us and could not ask for any different!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment