Monday, January 3, 2011

Update

I do enjoy posting pics constantly and will here on this blog as well. But I better write an update as to what we are all up to : ) I was too lazy to write and send a letter along with Christmas cards this year, so I figure I can just type it out here : )

So here it goes:

C - He is growing like a weed, seriously; Janet measured all the kids (cousins included) while we were at her house for Christmas. She had already recorded my 3's measurements in October so we didn't expect much change. The twins didn't change but a 1/4in or so, but Cman grew closer to 1.5inches in 2 mo!! Wowsers!
He is showing more and more interest in reading and can sound out some words and then some others with help. He can recall and write nearly every letter without prompting. The 2 week hiatus from pre-k gave us a chance to work with him some more and now he is trying to read every sign and word he sees. I love to watch him learning and getting excited when he figures things out. He is very excited to be heading to Kindergarten in the fall!
Marlon got him an RC car for Christmas and has been teaching him how to do jumps, steering around obstacles, and how to turn it on and off properly with the transmitter. He is really getting the hang of it and loves it so much, makes his daddy very happy : )
C has always been a great big brother, he is having so much fun with his sisters now that they are more into the things he does. He has been having a lot of fun teaching them new things and helping them whenever they need him. We are so proud of him!

M & A - the girls are getting smarter and smarter, showing us just how much they know and understand everyday. M loves to make you laugh and will do just about anything to get a giggle out of you. They are definitely not shy around people we know and will gladly entertain you if you let them (Cman included in this). A is a little goofball also and loves to laugh. She has the cutest giggle and loves to be tickled and chased.
Marlon and I were just noticing the other day how much they are like how they were as babies. It is so fun to see how much of their personalities showed when they were so little. They are both super lovey, giggly, smart, strong, and independent. I see a lot of similarities in their personalities and yet many differences. They are definitely twins, but so much their own person. We are really enjoying teaching them and watching them grow into our beautiful little girls.

Here are some pics of the girls wearing tutu's and headbands that Jeff and Angela gave them for Christmas. Angela and her friends make them!
girly kissesAngel AAngel M

No comments:

Post a Comment