Well I first found out that I was pregnant on October 7th. We had been briefly trying to get pregnant and surprisingly it happened quite quickly. I called the Doctor and they scheduled my first appointment for November 7th. We went to the appointment joking about how bad my morning sickness was and how it could mean a girl (I already have a boy) or it could even mean twins! Marlon's response, "stop, you're going to jinx us"...well the Doctor was going over the routine first appointment, telling me how much I should gain, etc. And I asked about something to take for the m/s, he said that if I was really uncomfortable that he could give me a prescription for Zofran. Well I jumped at the chance because I was miserable. He told us he'd do a ultrasound to see how the baby was doing, etc. We had calculated the weeks to be at about 11 by that appointment. He checked the ultrasound and moved over what Marlon and I saw as a sac. I didn't say anything because of how quickly he did it. So, he stopped at a sac and said, "Well there's one baby", and Marlon chimed in, "One baby??, do you mean there are more?" And the doctor said, "yes, there's the other one" (going back over the sac that I saw originally)..."and my dates are wrong for you, it looks like you are only 7wks with twins! and see the heartbeats...that is a good sign" My response after the shock that took my breath away, "how is that possible, there's no history of twins in my family" He responded by telling us that there is always a percent chance that anyone could get twins and it has to start somewhere...I just never thought it would be ME! After he printed off a picture of them and giving it to me, smiling he said, "well you can gain a little more with twins and I'll get you that zofran prescription"
After the appointment Marlon and I wanted to surprise our parents with the news. They already knew we were having a baby, but of course didn't know about the twins. We went by the flower shop and got two vases with 2 colors of flowers and the only twin type animals they had were boy and girl puppies hugging that we had attached to the vases.
We went to Marlon's mom first, she was watching C for us. We walked in with the flowers and a card that read, "Congratulations Grandma, Guess what?..." after reading the card she said, "guess what we're having a baby, yay!" and Marlon said, "well, not exacting, there's more than one" she looked at him with a hint of doubt in her eyes, as she did raise him and I am sure he has messed with her plenty of times. "What like 2...twins?" Marlon answered "yes" with a huge smile. She was shocked! I totally forgot the ultrasound in the car and meant to show it to her with the flowers! So, we talked for a few and headed with C to break the news to my parents.
We headed into the office at the school and my mom's desk is facing away from the door so I was able to sneak past all the ladies in the office and place the flowers and ultrasound on the desk in front of her. She turned to see it was me and asked what the flowers were for. I replied "to say congratulations, we had the appt today and there's the ultrasound". She glanced at if for a few seconds and asked "is that circle the head and the other circle the body" I answered, "no that circle is one and the other circle is one" she looked at me with the same kind of look Marlon's mom gave him and jumped out of her chair, spun around and announced, "I'm having twins!" the ladies quite shocked with her sudden announcement answered, "wow congrats" and continued to congratulate me and Marlon. We talked for a bit and my mom called my dad in his office and asked him to please come to the office. He arrived and was shocked to see us! My mom showed him the ultrasound and he responded like her with the head and body? My mom said no 2 babies...twins! He proceeded to fake faint and talk with us a while. We told them the due date is June 22nd and my dad asked if I knew what date that was...I couldn't remember and he said, " it was your grandmother's birthday!" What a nice ending to a surprising, shocking, happy day!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment