Thursday, January 3, 2008
The second Appt
Our second appointment was on December 5th. I get so excited going to the appointments with Twins because the Doctor does ultrasounds each month because of the fact that most twins grow slightly off from eachother and he can't just measure my stomach and divide it in two. So, the ultrasounds help him to monitor them. I really enjoy them to be reasured that their little hearts are still beating and they are growing! This appt is 11wks and it goes very well. I have lost approximately 10lbs by this time but because of the m/s and the fact that I am already carrying too much weight, there is no concern. I actually saw a blog from a woman who lost weight in the beginning and then gained it back by the end of her pregnancy to be roughly 40wks and the same weight as she started...she then had the twins and by 3 months she had lost 40+lbs. Her joke was that she always tried to lose weight but never thought that having twins would be her best weight loss diet. So, it is possible to lose weight with twins if you are already over weight. They like to feast on your fat stores and when your in the middle of morning sickness you eat less. So, anyway back to the appt. it was a quick one and we had few questions and so it was over in about 15 min. I did ask for a refill on my prescription while I was there...those things are life savers! Oh, and because my gpa used Zofran for his Cancer Chemo, we already knew the pills were super expensive but I got the generic which is way cheaper and still works great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment