Tuesday, June 14, 2016

He's here!!! Yes, HE!

Well, another appointment induction delivery, kind of what I was expecting all along. So, at my appointment my doctor told me that I was now 4cm and if we wanted to get things going he was confident it would happen pretty quickly. I decided that if the baby was coming and my body was finally dilating then let's go.

I needed to get to the hospital within the next hr as he had called ahead and they were expecting me. I headed home to wait for M to leave work so that we could drive together.

We got to the hospital just after noon and I could feel the contractions getting stronger, it was definitely the day baby was coming. I was hooked up to the monitors by 1:25 and the doctor came over to break my water and start pitocin. Because I was already contracting they decided to give me the tiniest drip of pitocin 1mill a minute. I was 4cm, 60% effaced, -3 station (I was pretty discouraged hearing 60% since the nurses on the 2nd had thought I was 80%).
It all kicked in pretty fast after my water broke and the contractions started getting more frequent and stronger. By 3:30 I was 5cm, 6cm at 4pm, turned off pit so that I could let my body do it on its own and also to hopefully keep the contrax from being too strong for me.
Dr came in at 5:05 (had said earlier that he guessed baby would be here by 5:15) and said I was 8cm and still had a cervix rim all the way around. Baby hadn't dropped down fully yet (just like baby M in my previous delivery). I was feeling strong urges to push with each contrax coming right on top of each other. That was the hardest part, not pushing and fighting the pain, contantly, for 40min.
The nurses had thought I was fully dilated so I knew they felt bad when they got everything ready and then we were all told only 8cm and wait. They were awesome though helping me thru the pain with M. He was my rock!
Dr said I could go ahead and start to push with the contractions at 5:40 with the nurses and came back in at 5:45 to get gowned up. As soon as he was ready I pushed with my next contraction and after 3 big pushes baby was born.
It was so exciting to hear everyone say, "it's a boy" just as I looked down and saw him lifted up by the dr. I got to hold him right away for the first hour and nurse him. He was super quiet and so content lying on my chest.
What an amazing day!

No comments:

Post a Comment