On August 22nd "A" was in her room & had gotten the handle off of "C"s dresser drawer. She was sucking on the screw/bolt off the back of it & ended up choking & swallowing it. I ran into the room when I heard her choke & asked her what happened. She told me she swallowed something "small" so I tore the room apart looking for remnants of some toy or something. "C" then picked up the drawer handle (screw-less) & I about had a heart attack. I took her to the ER to make sure she would be ok. Marlon met me there as well as his mom. Dr. said it would just pass (and soon) "ahhhh" relief. Here is a pic of her x-ray...can you say, wow!
The kitty cat she got from the discharge nurse. She was so nervous waiting for the dr. & during the x-ray that I was very excited for her to have gotten the kitty to take home.
kisses for the kitty : )
So for the next week we fed her foods to help it pass as well as checking her poo. NOTHING! The girls had their well check appt already scheduled for the 31st so when we were at the appt we told her Pediatrician about the screw & that we hadn't seen it. She sent us to the radiologist to have another scan done...
We were SO VERY EXCITED to see that the screw was gone! We aren't too surprised that we didn't find it the previous week. Since the girls are potty trained & in the independent stage we figured she had gone when we didn't notice. I was just so glad that it wasn't in there stuck.
The kitty cat she got from the discharge nurse. She was so nervous waiting for the dr. & during the x-ray that I was very excited for her to have gotten the kitty to take home.
We were SO VERY EXCITED to see that the screw was gone! We aren't too surprised that we didn't find it the previous week. Since the girls are potty trained & in the independent stage we figured she had gone when we didn't notice. I was just so glad that it wasn't in there stuck.
No comments:
Post a Comment