Wednesday, May 21, 2008

35wk appointment

Well, as we have our appointments weekly now, I get to see my girls each week on the ultrasound machine! They are doing great, I don't like the actual ultrasound machine because I get so nauseous and sore afterwards. I have to ask to lay on my side more as to not strain my back and stomach. The doctor is totally okay with it, I would be too if there was a chance I'd be thrown-up on!

Anyway, we had a few changes...of course they weigh more, one is measuring at 5lbs 9oz and the other at 5lbs 8oz...yay, big and closer together now! So, I am officially carrying more weight than I did with C at 9lbs 1oz by himself, no wonder I'm so sore and tired ;)

The baby that was smaller (still is) and head first ready to come out first has slipped back up under my ribs transverse...apparently she needed more room. So, the doctor gave us the options to go for it the way they are based on the fact that the other girl is still head down and ready and most of the 2nd babies drop down after their sibling is born. There is a chance that they will have to try to manipulate her to move or deliver her breech if that is the way she comes down. He gave me the suggestion to go with an epidural because the manipulation process can be more painful as well as a breech birth. And with an epidural in place they can also move quicker to a c-section if needed for baby B. So, I have many options to think about when the time comes...Oh and I do have the option to just opt for a c-section at first, but I think I will try without it unless it becomes necessary!

Now that I am 35 1/2 weeks along the Doctor is not concerned if I go into labor...they want to do fetal monitoring at 37wks and he said we can try for an induction at 39-40wks if necessary but he has no doubt that they will come on their own. (We had an induction scheduled for C Nov. 8th, week after his due date, but he decided to come on the 5th) They don't like to let twins go past their due dates...so that is why we would be looking for and induction before or at 40wks.

So with more to think about I am doing pretty well, just resting as much as I can day by day! I have been feeling some muscle pain in my sides but what wouldn't you expect with two moving, kicking, growing babies bouncing around inside! I have felt some slight Braxton-Hicks and pressure but not much yet...I did have a test done I think it's called group B strep or something that they do at this time, and I am pretty sure no news is good news, so we will see, I am sure I will know by my next appt on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment