Friday, August 31, 2012

Catch Up

Well...to try to get caught up since I haven't posted in a few months.

School is officially back in session. We just finished the first week. C is in 1st grade & the twins are in Pre-K (their second year before K next year). We signed them up for 2 days a week (1 day til 12:30 & the other til 3pm). It works out well for me to work at my job cleaning apartments for a few hours on the one day & then I work at my other job all day the other day. It works nicely & doesn't put too much of a dent in our monies each month. I think the girls are most excited about getting to stay for lunch both days :)

Things are going well at the house. We still have some things we would like to do, for example: re-shingle the roof, buy a carport to cover the cars from the damage of the tree. But, otherwise we are enjoying being settled and living in OUR own place. The kids love having separate rooms (well at least C from his sisters). They have a place to "escape" to but most of the time they enjoy all playing together. We just completed a project having the kids paint their own canvas' picture. I had bought them at clearance back in February at Michael's Store. So, once they dry I am hoping to have them each hung in a row in the hallway. Even before we bought our house I had dreamed of putting the kids' art on the walls. Letting them use their imaginations and capturing it for years to come. They turned out great I can't wait to see them on the wall.

Marlon & I are still busy with him working 5 days & me working 3-4 days every other week. We have taken quite a few trips to the beach this summer trying to stay out of the heat. Our new house stays so much cooler than our last house (one of the only good things about the giant oak tree in our front yard).

We have been debating getting a puppy. We almost got one for the girls' 4th birthday but decided to wait until we knew for sure what we wanted. I am thinking I would be so stoked to find a mini boxer...although I have been finding out that there are not very many breeders "creating" them so that makes them rare & extremely expensive :( We were just thinking something smaller with a good attitude like a boxer (so I have been told, I've never actually had one). We are still up in the air. I am totally all for adopting a dog & saving it from the shelter, but we haven't found one that will work for our family. So we'll see, there's no rush.

Hmm...what else. I guess that's it for now. The kids are doing great, just growing up way too fast :(

No comments:

Post a Comment